Hey! I’m Ida Aalen and I am a senior UX designer (and closeted content strategist) at Netlife Research, a Norwegian digital consultancy.
My focus is on user research and digital strategy, and in most projects I’ll be there from the the first meeting and beyond launch of the new design. I’m especially happy when I get to work with people from other fields than my own throughout the whole process. Check out my article on the core model on A list apart to get an idea.
My other interest is in social media, and I’ve written two acclaimed books on the topic (in Norwegian, unfortunately, but hey, if you’re a publisher, reach out!). I believe that UX designers and content strategists shouldn’t leave social media to marketers. In the article Reclaiming Social: Content Strategy for Social Media published on A list apart me and my colleague Ida Jackson tell you why.
Here’s a video of my talk at Confab Central back in 2014:
Some previous talks:
- dsgnday 2015 in Amsterdam
- Webdagene 2015 in Oslo – workshop with Dag Helge Scott and talk with Ida Jackson
- EuroIA 2015 in Madrid, core model workshop with Martha Lyngnes
- Confab Intensive 2015 in Portland, USA, core model workshop with Audun Rundberg
- UX Camp CPH 2015 in Copenhagen, April, 2015, keynote on the core model
- Swedish Content Day 2014 in Stockholm, about the Core Model
- EuroIA14: Using The Core Model in 2014: Content against Cancer
- Confab Europe 2014: The Core Model: Getting to business while making friends with Audun Rundberg
- Institute of Fundraising National Convention 2014 in London: How to increase digital donations, talk held with Beate Sørum
- Responsive Day Out 2 in Brighton: Using the core model on responsive websites
- Confab Central 2014 in Minneapolis: The core model and concept work at the Norwegian Cancer Society
- CSForum13 in Helsinki: The core model
- Webdagene 2012 in Oslo: On responsive web design
- UXCamp 2012 in Berlin: On responsive web design